Thursday, December 31, 2009

Fear

It's something I live with every day. Oddly enough, I never realized this until recently.

I'm afraid of heights.
I'm afraid of disappointing people.
I'm afraid of failure.
I'm afraid of people not liking me.
I'm afraid of my kids getting kidnapped, hurt or killed.
I'm afraid of new situations.
I'm afraid of living up to my own expectations.
I'm afraid of change.

I'm just afraid of too many things.

And it's got to change.

They may not seem like huge fears but each one of them prevent me from doing things that I wish I had the courage to do.

So... to start off the New Year I decided to tackle one of my fears. Change. I've been wearing my hair pretty long for a while. But I've always envied the women who could pull off short haircuts. I've never been able to do it. But I found a great stylist and knew if anyone could do it right, she could.




So I chopped off a good 6 inches. You should have seen the mess of hair on the floor. My girls kept commenting on just how much there was.

I know many of you have seen this picture already, so you don't have to comment. :) I think I am mainly doing this for me. To document the fact that I can overcome a fear and I can make a change and actually survive it.



Here's to a New Me in the New Year. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
xoxoxo

10 comments:

  1. we are afraid of a lot of the same things. . .its not a good feeling to be afraid of so much!

    and i have to tell you i'm proud of you for cutting your hair- it looks pretty dang hot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan: That haircut is adorable! It makes you look even younger! I love it. And your little girl is just a doll. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some of those same fears myself... How brave of you to tackle them and break free from their chains!

    I LOVE your haircut... It looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have many of the same fears that you have talked about so you are not alone on your journey;)

    Love, Love, LOVE the new do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Go Girl!!! You know I love the h/c.... Great post! We all have fears, but you were so very brave to lay it all out there.... Happy New Year to You!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Change is the biggest fear there is. I confronted mine by changing jobs at age 43 and moving across the country! But I'm still afraid! Courage is being afraid and doing it anyway! Way to go facing your fears.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan,

    You CAN do it! And what a great way to start, with a fun and fabulous haircut. Get rid of the baggage, so to speak, and ride the wave of that success! Flip that cute haircut in the wind and enjoy!

    Signed,
    Another Susan who knows just how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is sexy hair!! what a great cut for you!! i love your curly hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have many of the same fears Sue, but it must be eye opening to put it down in writing.

    Love, love the hair cut. Cute and sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cut is so perfect for your curly hair. I love it!

    And I face lots of fears, too. I guess I envy people who don't because it sucks to be paralyzed by fear. Good for you for wanting to conquer it, and for taking a huge step!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments. Each one brightens my day!!