Giving this challenge one last try. I really enjoy using vellum.
I need to incorporate it more often into my projects!
For this card, I stamped the Gladiolus image in Colorbox Frost White ink, then sprinkled with white embossing powder. I used my Dusty Concord Distress Ink and Waterbrush to fill in the flowers. The leaves are SU's Certainly Celery.
I stamped the sentiment with Fresh Ink's Lavendar onto the white cardstock. I adhered the vellum onto the white cardstock using my ATG gun. You can barely see the adhesive. I hope it stays invisible for a while. I've not had much success with vellum adhesive. This is a first for me.
I tried the same exact technique with this Pink card except I used clear embossing powder. You can barely see the difference, but in real life the flowers have a stained glass effect.
This last one was an oopsie. After I stamped and watercolored the image, I was trying to sew it to some white cardstock. However, right at the end, just when I thought I was home free, the sewing machine chewed up the vellum! So I just cut around the image and adhered it to some cardstock that I had already stamped and was laying around. Not too CAS, but thought I'd show it anyway. :)
Alright, I think that's it from me for this week. I have a ton of house projects lined up to do this week while the girls are in summer camp. Gotta stop procrastinating. See you all soon!!
Stamps: PTI Gladiolus
Ink: Various SU, PTI, Fresh Ink, Memento and Distress Inks
Misc:Vellum, Niji Waterbrush