Monday, April 5, 2010

Queen Mother Mojo


My Mojo has returned!! I haven't done a Mojo Monday Sketch in ages. I had some time today so I was able to work on it while the kids were in school. I thought it would be a good idea to get started on my Mother's Day gift for my Mom. I had found this great coffee mug at a local gift shop and I knew I just had to get it for her. I know she will get a laugh out of it!


So this coffee mug was my inspiration piece. I was so excited to find matching cardstock. I barely have any SU, mostly PTI so I was really happy to see that the SU Regal Rose was a perfect match!
This card came together quite quickly for me, which is surprising. The only trouble I had was deciding what color to have the butterfly. I actually glued and ripped off three different ones before settling on the polka dot one. I used some new flat back pearls that I picked up today. At the bottom of the mug there is a line of pearls. I didn't even realize it until I was photographing it!


















You can click on the pictures to see them larger. The back of the mug has the definitions for both Queen and Mother. Very funny! I should have picked one up for myself. I went back the other day and of course they are all gone.


Thanks for stopping by and reading my long winded blog post! Hope to be back again soon.


Stamps: Verve Because of You
Ink: Black Versafine
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, SU Regal Rose & Black, PTI Bitty dots patterned paper
Misc: Flat back pearls, PTI Butterfly Die, SU Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, pop dots

16 comments:

  1. Susan, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the black and pink, and I LOVE the way you've stamped and popped the flowers. Very sophisticated. You should send this in for publication--seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love all flowers and the colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Susan. Love it - and it's perfect with the mug. Your gonna' be Mom's fav for sure. If you enjoy challenges, drop by www.justscraps.ca and check us out. Would love to have you play along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card!!
    I love the colors!
    Your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card Susan! The black just adds such elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say your Mojo is back with a vengeance! LOL! I love the pink and black, the butterflies and pearls. Super fabulous card for your mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous!! love pink with black...and the polka dot butterfly looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! This turned out gorgeous! Love the colors; they are so striking! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!! Susan is back..This card is so much you. Full of details and superb handiwork. I am with Amy..you should send this for publication...I loved the mug a well.. I am pretty sure your mom will like it. Awesome Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how perfectly this card goes with your mug! :) I just found your blog through Gabby's and like what I see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The butterfly is an awesome touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous...fabulous...fabulous! Love the mug too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful job on your creation and the mug your Mom is going to LOVE it;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, stunning card! Love the regal rose & black polka dot together!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments. Each one brightens my day!!