Thursday, July 8, 2010

Soaring By

I'm stunned! I won an honorable mention on The Playdate Cafe's blog for my Argyle card. Wow! I'm the one who feels honored. So how appropriate that today's card is in the clouds. Exactly how I'm feeling. :)




I'm in a PTI swap over on SCS hosted by my good friend Amy. We were to make a square card. I chose to try making one of those "scene-like" type of cards that have been popping up all over the place. They are by far my favorite, followed closely by the Clean and Simple designs. Weird combo, huh? Yep, that's me.

I had a ton of fun creating this card. It was sooooo nice to have some alone time in my craft room after a week of entertaining the In-Laws. So much so that I made 6 of these cards plus another one for me to keep for myself. :) Crafting is so therapeutic for me. I really need to make more time to craft. Hope you get some crafting time in soon!


Stamps: PTI Everyday button Bits, Text Background
Ink: Memento Black & Rose Bud, Colorbox Sky Blue
Paper: SU Bashful Blue, PTI Green Leaf & Hibiscus Burst
Misc: PTI Lemon Tart, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores & Hibiscus Burst Buttons, pop dots, felt, felt glue, sewing, copics

12 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! This is so cute! I will def. be casing this--hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a awesome card and congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is awesome! Congrats on your Playdate honorable mention! Your card was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card!! Congrats on the honorable mention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, fun card! I love this- think I'm going to have to CASE it, if that's okay with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the Play Date Cafe Challenge award! Appreciate your comment on my blog which led me here... beautiful blog, lovely cards - I'll be visiting here regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Susan....Really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the challenge. That's so exciting! And the card is so cute and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute scene you have created! Congrats on the argyle card! (I love argyle!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is fabulous, love little scene you created here! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful use of buttons on this one. Makes me want to go take a bike ride...now if it wasn't 90 and sticky outside...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments. Each one brightens my day!!