Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you are all having a sweet day today! I have big plans to finish up some cards that are sitting on my craft table. In the meantime here is the card that I gave a sneak peek of the other day. My Father asked me to make a card so he could give it to my Mom. Talk about pressure!! And add to the fact that my Mom is a true artist. Yikes! I hope she likes it.


I used some of her favorite things; Pink, Glitter, Flowers and Bling. The 50's Sweethearts by The Greeting Farm was perfect for this card since my parents grew up in this era. I have never used a Digital Stamp before so it took me more time to actually print the image than to make the card. Yes really. I am not very computer savvy.

I made the couple 3D and gave the heart 3 layers. I colored the image in with Copic Markers and added Red Stickles to the heart. Since he is a Greaser, I added Crystal Effects to his hair to make it look like he has hair gel in it. She got a tiny little pearl put on her bow. I used Liquid Pearls on the scallop circle.



Inside the card I left it blank for my Dad to write his own sentiment. I added the couple on the bottom and colored them in with my Copics. This picture is super blurry because my camera is on the fritz. Maybe my Valentine will get a new camera. ;-)

That's it for now. Thanks for looking and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's day!

Stamps: Sentiment from misc source

Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, SU White Craft Ink

Paper: SU Regal Rose, Purely Pomegranate, Rose Red DSP, misc pink bling cardstock

Misc: Martha Stewart Little Hearts Scallop Edge Punch, Nestabilities, Stickles, mini half back Pearls, Prima Flowers, bling, Crystal Effects, Liquid Pearls, Clear EP, SU Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon & Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Angela (SCS monkeymama)February 14, 2009 at 8:28 AM

    Beauty of a card! I think your Mom will love it, and appreciate all the love that went into making it! YOU are a true artist as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, this is so cute! I love the eye shadow on the girl--what a great detail. This is a beautiful card and your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply beautiful. Again, you do such great work with these images your cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments. Each one brightens my day!!