Sunday, March 29, 2009

Paper Piecing Birthday

 

 


(You can always click on the picture for a close up look)

Hello and Happy Sunday! I haven't had much time to stamp lately so this morning I put the girls on auto drive and snuck into my craft room for an hour. I wanted to start on one of my Swaps that my friend Kash is hosting on SCS. It calls for paper piecing on your card. I chose a very neglected Rubber Romance stamp. I love this image and it's perfect for paper piecing! I stamped it first on some green SU patterned paper, then some Chatterbox Patterned Paper. I used my newly acquired Copics (wahoo!) and I made her legs and dress 3-D. At the last moment I decided to try and make the ribbon on the image a real life ribbon. What a fit that gave me!! I'm not sure if I like the final look of it though. And I'm quite certain that only the Hostess will be getting this Special Edition card. ;)

Stamps: Rubber Romance, PTI Damask Design & Faux Ribbon
Ink: Versafine Black & Sepia, PTI Sweet Blush
Paper: SU Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, SU Print Packs in Wasabi, Chatterbox Patterned Paper, PTI White
Misc: Nestabilities, Clear EP, Copics, SU Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals, CB Swiss Dots Folder

7 comments:

  1. Love this Susan! It is so 3-d with the paper piecing and the way you popped her legs. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHUT UP...this is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the ribbon that way. it's a very pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am stunned into silence, this is amazing. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela (SCS monkeymama)March 30, 2009 at 4:16 PM

    Wow, this is a beauty of a card! The hostess is sure to love it! All the dimension and the papers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the piecing and popping!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments. Each one brightens my day!!