Thursday, May 19, 2011

Congrats Balloon Card

I was asked by my father to make a graduation card for my niece who is graduating 8th grade. Unfortunately I rarely see her and don't know much about her. So I thought some sparkly balloons were in order.


I stamped each image in Versamark and then used either Martha Stewart glitter embossing powder, or SU's irridescent ice. I cut out each balloon and tied matching twine to each one. I tried to make the sentiment look like it was wearing the graduation cap. It looked much better in my mind!

 

Inside I used a 3x3 envelope so that my parents can insert some cash. I was stumped as to what to dio inside since I don't own many Graduation stamps so I just continued the balloon theme and left room for my parents to write something.


I wrapped some gorgeous gray twine around the envelope and added a tiny tag.

I made another card for my other niece. But that will have to wait until tomorrow because I have to make dinner now. Blah. I'd rather be stamping. :)


Stamps: Studio G (cap), PTI Signature Greetings and Tiny Tags
Ink: Versamark, Versafine Turquiose Gem and Black, Memento Rosebud
Paper: PTI Select White, Sweet Blush, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Plum Pudding, Chartreuse,  
Misc: Twine for various sources, SU 3x3 envelope, PTI Tiny Tags die cuts, MS EP, SU Irridescent Ice, pop dots

4 comments:

  1. Super sweet! Love the fun balloons and the twine balloon strings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Who wouldn't love some sparkly balloons?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those balloons are really great Susan. This is a great graduation card. Who wouldn't rather stamp than cook?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so great! Very fun--your niece will love it and your parents will be proud to give it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments. Each one brightens my day!!