Saturday, April 7, 2012

Playdate Cafe Challenge (PDCC 126)

This week's Playdate Cafe challenge was to use these three colors:

Avocado, Blue Mist and Grey Wool

I was able to use Fern (Amuse), Hawaiian Shores (PTI), and Slate (Amuse)


The first card I created, I used the same Hero Arts Brocade stamp simply because I had it stamped already. Hee. Took me all of 5 minutes to make. I added the sentiment and, of course, a butterfly.
My light box has been a bit under the weather so I had my sweet little girlie hold the card for me outside.



The next card I made took quite a while to come together. I envisioned something different but I knew I wanted to use the Chevron stamp. Everything else was me second guessing what to use, where to put it. I'm still not sure I like the bow on the bottom, it almost went on the top.
For the Chevron background I tried PTI's MIM "Generational" stamping. Kinda cool, kinda grungy.


Well there you have it from the blogging world's insecure stamper. ;-p

Gratitude Card :
Stamps: Hero Arts Brocade, PTI Beautiful Butterflies
Ink: Amuse Fern, Slate, PTI Hawaiian Shores
Paper: PTI White, Chartreuse
Misc: pop dots

Thank you Card:
Stamps: PTI Chevron, Mat Stack, Floral Fusion, Beautiful Butterflies
Ink: Amuse Fern, Slate, PTI Hawaiian Shores
Paper: PTI White, Chartreuse
Misc: PTI Hawaiian Shores Satin Ribbon, Pop dots

13 comments:

  1. They are both just beautiful! I love the first one the best with that sweet butterfly ready to fly into the pattern with that perfect touch of the green frame. And how sweet that your daughter held them for you for the pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both beautiful!
    I love the first one...
    so elegant!
    But I gotta say that generational stamping on the 2nd one...
    gorgeous!!
    Such fabby colors...
    such fabby cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Love the chevron stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so clean and elegant! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think both cards turned out great. Don't you love it when you have something already stamped that you can use. I save everything just for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are just so beautiful and elegant and I really love the color combinations you choose, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty color combo. I love the butterfly on the first card and the chevron pattern on the 2nd card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both cards! It's always nice when you already have a piece that's pre-stamped; makes a quick card. And the generational chevrons look really cool!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan!
    I’m awarding your blog with The Liebster Blog Award! Congratulations! You deserve it! Here is the link to see the post in which your blog has been featured!
    http://sweetavakate.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-blog-award_09.html
    Hugs to you, my friend!
    - Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think both cards are fabulous! I do like the bottom one the best. I think the bow at the bottom enhances your very elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are AMAZING! I really like them both. You nailed these colors. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan, both the cards turned out just great. I know second card is not your fav,but I really liked it and I liked the bow at the bottom of the focal panel just like how you have it. Really neat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments. Each one brightens my day!!