Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cas-ual Friday Challenge #44

This week's CAS-ual Friday challenge is to use a pattern, an image and a sentiment.
I heat embossed this gorgeous Cherry Blossom branch in a color similar to the Vintage Cream card base. Then I inked the edges a bit and them impressed it with PTI's Woodgrain Plate.
Stamped a simple sentiment on the bottom. Viola, CAS.



I also made a similar card that is not so Clean and Simple. Added some satin ribbon and a butterfly. (I'm sure y'all probably sick of seeing butterflies on here. Sorry, but I can't help it. I love them!)



 I'll be sending these off to Operation Write Home. The Mother's Day Deadline is March 31st if anyone wants to send some out!

Stamps: Flourishes Cherry Blossoms, PTI Delightful Dahlia
Ink: Versamark, PTI Kraft
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Fine Linen, Sweet Blush
Misc: PTI Sweet Blush Satin Ribbon, Woodgrain Impression Plate, AMuse Butterfly Die, Ranger Seafoam Embossing Powder 

11 comments:

  1. Both of these are gorgeous!!! And who could ever get tired of butterflies?!? Speaking of butterflies, you may be interested to know that the Houston Holocaust Museum is doing a butterfly project--one handmade butterfly for every child that perished in the holocaust. Here is the link:
    http://www.hmh.org/ed_butterfly1.shtml

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that is incredible! Thanks so much for sharing that Amy. I'm going to see what I can do to get involved. :)

      Delete
  2. The cherry blossom is so pretty against the woodgrain. Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards Susan! I really love the touch of pink on the second card. Great idea to use the woodgrain with that beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cards, but i'm partial to the pops of pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both great cards, and I'm sure that the troops and their mothers will love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love the white stamped on the textured kraft! I like the one with the bow and butterfly the best ;) I have trouble sticking with true CAS, I think the extras really add that oomph!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, both of your cards are simply beautiful! So soft and pretty! I love that woodgrain IP. It adds such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi friend! Love this card, so simple and pretty. Oh, and just so you know... I will never tire of you adding butterflies to your cards. It's your trademark! Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is such a darling card. I love the delicate cherry blossoms ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments. Each one brightens my day!!